Thank you to everyone who helped make B4B 2012 a success!
Save the date for B4B 2013 – Labor Day – September 2, 2013
Bike 4 the Brain, a 501(c)(3) organization, hosts an annual community bicycle ride, run and walk event to increase awareness that all people have the potential to recover from mental health disorders; that these are brain-based emotional, behavioral, and cognitive experiences that are common to many people; and to provide funding to Kansas City based organizations that help people to reclaim their mental health. We are growing every year! We have granted $37,500 to nine different community agencies. We are growing in partnerships, information sharing, and volunteer involvement. Come join us for the fun!
Highlights of the 2012 Labor Day event included:
- Pre-Event Wellness Challenge
- Urban/rural cycling courses of 3, 10, 33, 55, and 72 miles, 8 a.m.
- Rest stops at mental health agencies and other locations
- Run 4 Recovery, a non-competitive and untimed 5k fun run/walk, 8:15 a.m.
- One mile Walk 4 Recovery, 10 a.m.
- Tricycle Challenge, 10:30 a.m. Adults who donate $100 will pit their child-size tricycle racing skills against one another. Children can race the course at 11 a.m.
- Recovery Information Exchange where local agencies can share information about mental health topics and the services they provide. Click here for more information: R. I. E.
- Delicious refreshments from Panera Bread, Freddy’s Frozen Custard, Whole Foods, and Latte Land
- On-site Registration begins at 7a.m.
- Full 70 (69.7) Mile Route
- 55 (54.6) Mile Route
- 33 (31.6) Mile Route
- 10 (8.8) Mile Route
- 5K Route
- 1 Mile Route