Last year it was a hit, and we have it again for 2015! Thanks to our friends at Ride with GPS, all riders that are participating in Bike for the Brain will be able to have access to turn-by-turn navigation with voice prompts and cue sheets within the Ride With GPS app (iPhone/Android). This is usually a paid-account-only feature, but you can use it for free at Bike for the Brain by participating in any of the four of our routes! Instructions are below (and on Ride with GPS’s site here), but we will also have them available on Labor Day at the event. Thanks to Ride with GPS for supporting Bike for the Brain!
How to use turn by turn navigation (for free!) using Ride with GPS
- If you haven’t yet, download the app for your Android or iPhone
- Log in or create a new account in the Ride with GPS app
- Tap the menu button, then tap “Search Routes” toward the bottom of the menu.
- Find event routes by searching specifically for them at the bottom of the page: On Android, tap “Show event routes.” On iPhone, click on the second “Search” button. (Note – this ride might not show up until Labor Day.)
- Choose the B4B 2015 route (10, 32, 56, or 67) that you plan on going on.
- Activate the turn-by-turn navigation by going the “Go Ride” page. On android, you will see a small road sign in the upper right, on iPhone you will see a gear in the upper right – click “Ride This.”
- Press the red “Record” button when you are ready to start your ride, and you’ll be able to take advantage of turn-by-turn navigation as well as tracking your ride stats!
- Don’t forget to always keep your eye on the road and ride carefully
Remember to sign up!
Have you signed up for Bike for the Brain yet this year? Click on the buttons below. Don’t ride, but want to participate? Not only are there many volunteer opportunities available, you can also check out the Walk for Recovery!
See you on September 7th!